Thursday, September 10, 2009

Three birds

I thought I posted this a while back, but when I went to link it to the Pablo post, I realized that I had written this in another space. This conversation took place via email when a friend was helping me to think through what had happened to my dear son, and helping me to fight back against yet another set of horrid lies cast my way. (And we were successful. Praise God!) After we wrote back and forth for a while, recalling, discussing, analyzing his experiences, we both took a break.

Then she sent me this email:
"I just went outside for a moment and got caught in a scene of three birds flying in front of a tree, which was rustling in the wind. For a minute there, it was Sekai flying and laughing, and everything was good. I know I never met him. But I feel very close to him right now. It's very strange."

To which I responded:
"We released three birds at his grave-side service. The lady released three doves: 1 representing Christ's ascent, one representing Sekai gone off to heaven, and one representing the rest of us who believe following when our time comes. The first dove and the third dove flapped their wings elegantly and floated away. The second one, the one representing Sekai, was beating his wings so hard and so fast, I could actually hear them, and I had to smile."

"There are signs everywhere, reminders everywhere, if we only believe. Thank you, God, for reminders and inspirations...

(I also wrote, "...and for people willing to hear and see and believe and willing to act. Thank you, Lord, for encircling me with true friends who have true compassion!" But more on that later.) (And no, it is not lost on me that Bob Marley sang, in his song "Three Little Birds", "don't worry, about a thing, 'cause every little thing, gonna be all right.")

Here at the beach, the seagulls have been hanging around, walking on the banister, gliding on the breeze in perfect alignment with the view through the screen door. And then there is Dexter, the hummingbird who visits the potted flowers on our deck at home. Get it, Deck-sitter->Deck-s'ter->Dexter? I can hear Sekai now, "Mom, you need some new material."

No comments:

Post a Comment