Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gotcha

Today is Sekai's Gotcha Day, or Gotcha Day revised, or Gotcha Again Day, or Gotcha Day Again. I just did a quick search to include a link about the reasons behind marking the day, and found all kinds of controversy. I'm not in the mood for all that. To us, Gotcha Day was going to be the day we acknowledged being together (again) as a family. Not his adoption day. We were supposed to celebrate that on National Adoption Day (we were supposed to be one of the celebrating and finalized families)...which happens to be this Saturday...which is the same day as National Survivors of Suicide Day. Did I mention how witty was my dear Sekai? And as I've said before, God has a sense of humor. Anyway, today is Sekai's Gotcha Day Do-Over. We had not decided exactly what we were going to call it. But we wanted to note the anniversary of the day that Sekai came home (again) and we became a together family (again). On this day, last year, Sekai came home. We should be celebrating. We should be getting ready to have our family "signed off on" on Saturday.

I think I may be numb. I thought I would be crying and immobilized, but I think I may be numb. I think I prefer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment